Saturday, March 31, 2007

Coney Islanders Demonstrate

The Gowanus Lounge shot video of the "Save Coney Island" demonstration at City Hall Friday.

Related posts here.

UPDATE: The Brooklyn Daily Eagle provides in-depth coverage of this issue. Excerpt:

“ 'I think a lot of positive things have come out of this protest already, and it hasn’t even started,' said [Dianna] Carlin, the owner of the hot pink boutique Lola Staar who was evicted by Thor Equities in February. She said she spoke to Sitt on the phone for an hour last week, and he offered her a new lease for the coming season.

'It was really extraordinary that he took that long to speak to me and he seemed really willing to listen to my views,' said Carlin. 'But I made that clear to him that regardless of if he offers this agreement to me or not, I would continue my work with opposing condos in the amusement district.' " Story here.

No comments: